> > > >

1947-48 Theatre Catalog, 6th Edition, Page 208 (196)

1947-48 Theatre Catalog, 6th Edition
1947-48 Theatre Catalog
1947-48 Theatre Catalog, 6th Edition, Page 208
Page 208

1947-48 Theatre Catalog, 6th Edition, Page 208

Fifteen Acres Used for an Outdoor Auto Theatre in Oklahoma City

The Odom Drive-In Theatre

J9 AM?

THE PROJECTION BUILDING houses protection, concession, and rest rooms. In the booth proper are found Simplex [2-7 projectors and Four Star sound, with Peerless Hy-Candescent lamps. Other

equipment and land.

booth equipment includes Strong Zipper changeovers, Neumade film cabinets, Bausch and Lomb Super Cinephor (coated) t/2.0 lenses, Hertner Transverter, Golde automatic and Simplex hand

acre plot has been uti

THE ODOM DRIVE-IN THEATRE operated by R. Lewis Barton and Peerless Theatres, Inc.. is located

in Oklahoma City. Oklahoma. Exclusive 01

the cost of the theatre was about $130,000. A 15lized for the 94B-car theatre. The sign and marquee. as well as the changeable letters are by Wagner Sign Service. The theatre name is outlined with red and green neon letters, with the surmounting directing arrow a blinking red neon. In the box office are Johnson Fare Box coin changers and General Register Automaticket machines. For illumination of the box-ottice area, three direct 1,500-watt tlood lights have been mounted on the tower. Sewerage is provided through the use of a septic tank. A 300-toot well is the source of water. The theatre is located about 3 miles from the city on Norman Hi-Way. United States Route 77.

rewinders, and Neumade rewind table. A 1,000 watt Golde stereopticon is also installed. The screen is of white plaster, 62 teat wide by 42 feet high. National Theatre Supply was dealer.

1947-48 Theatre Catalog, 6th Edition, Page 208