Drive-Ins.com
> > > >

1948-49 Theatre Catalog, 7th Edition, Page 88 (77)

1948-49 Theatre Catalog, 7th Edition
1948-49 Theatre Catalog
1948-49 Theatre Catalog, 7th Edition, Page 88
Page 88


1948-49 Theatre Catalog, 7th Edition, Page 88

and school projects of clubs and youth groups. At times it may be leased to local merchants for displaying the newest fashions, automobiles, or other merchandise. Essentially it provides a community service in attracting local patronage and it may be managed so as to form an important source of income to the theatre operator. Whatever its usage, it has important civic implications. This brief resume will indicate the individual character of the Woods and some of its unique features, several of which are illustrated in the photographs. By all standards a handsome theatre, the Woods has been designed to be an effective and versatile theatre functionally.





REFERENCE DATA

OWNER & OPERATOR: United Detroit

Theatres Corp.

ARCHITECT: Charles N. Agree, Inc.

SEATING CAPACITY: 2,478.

COST OF BUILDING: $650,000.

COST OF EQUIPMENT: $75,000.

ACOUSTICAL MATERIAL: Ceiling sabanite plaster, by U. S. Gypsum 00.,

rear wall-acoustex by Natil Gypsum

Products.

AIR CONDITIONING: by Carrier Corp.

CHAIRS: by Heywood-Wakefield Co.

CHANGEOVERS: Thide, by Dowser

Mfg. Co.

COINCHANGER: by Brandt Automatic

Cashier Co.

CURTAIN CONTROLS & TRACK: by

Premier Studios.

DECORATOR: Harms R. Teichert.

DRAPERIES & STAGE CURTAINS:

by Premier Studios.

HEARING AIDES: Telesonic Wireless,

by Telesonic Theatrephone Corp.

LENSES: Super snaplight F-l, by Koll morgen Optical Corp.

LIGHTING FIXTURES: Ornamental

plaster, by Walters, indirect cold cathode,

by Long Sign Co.

PLUMBING FIXTURES: by Kohler Co.

PROJECTION LAMPS: Peerless Hy

Candescent, by J. E. McAuley Mfg. Co.

PROJECTION MACHINES: Simplex

E-7, by International Projector Corp.

REWINDERS: Automatic, by Goldberg

Bros.; hand, by Neumade Products Corp.

SCREEN: Walker plastic molded, by

Walker-American Corp.

SIGN & MARQUEE: by Long Sign Co. SIGN LETTERS: by Wagner Sign Serv ice, Inc.

SOUND: Simplex, by International Pro Jector Corp.

SUPPLY DEALER: National Theatre

Supply Co.

TICKET ISSUING MACHINE: Auto Igjlaticket three unit, by General Register orp.

VENDING MACHINES: Drincolator.

WALL FABRICS: by Hanns R.

Teichert. .



UPPER RIGHT: 'I1Ie auditorium reveals a playtul modern treatment at the baroque curve in ornamental plaster. painted "ribbons" and "piecrust" light caves. The ceiling is in dark maroon with two coves in pale yellow li hted by blue. white and red neon on dimmers. alls are painted in blue with the "ribbon" motil carried in panels. Those blend into the deep red drapes across the lront. The streamlined seats are in blue mohair.

L-OWER RIGHT: The stage is equipped with tootIlghts and provisions tor border lights have been made. The plastic mold screen is said to be one at the largest in the area. measuring thirty teet by twent -six feet. It is planned to cover it V" th a go d draw curtain.

In both pictures the interesting single lloor layout rs noticeable. By omitting the cenventlonal balcony. the architect has ac uired an unbroken plane along the ceiling in w ieh to create the unusual baroque pattern at combined curves.

1943-49 THEATRE CATALOG



























































































inc; ,





It
1948-49 Theatre Catalog, 7th Edition, Page 88