Drive-Ins.com
> > > >

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 224 (204)

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition
1950-51 Theatre Catalog
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 224
Page 224


1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 224

NOT ONLY THE ENTRANCE. but the entire lhealre Inn been neatly landscaped with lawnl. Ines. and shrubs. BELOW: Seen here are 20 chairs and a special speak-r lor walk-ins in Iron! ol projection booth.







41;. l' .illll





CARO Caro, Mich.

Located one mile northeast of town on Route 81, the Caro was opened May 13, 1950. Single features are mainly shown, but on Friday and Saturday there are two.

A giant screen tower near the entrance is beautifully decorated with rose, green, and yellow neon. The 20' attraction board is lighted with yellow flashing border lights, in addition to the illumination behind the copy.

The boxoflice is knotty pine and includes office space for the manager. The overhanging roof partially shelters car-hops on bad nights and is neon-lighted.

A combined concession-projection building contains rest rooms on each side. The snack bar counter is knotty pine.

A well-equipped childrenis playground has been set up under the broad screen.



REFERENCE DATA OWNER & OPERATOR: Ashmunn Theatres.

CAR CAPACITY: 500.

COST OF BUILDING: $40,000. COST OF EQUIPMENT: $25,000. SIZE OF LOT: 12 acres.

Generators: Century Electric Co.

In-Car Speakers: RCA.

Projection Lamps: RCA.

Projection Machines : RCA.

Rewinders: GoldE Mfg. Go.

Sign & Marquee: Horstman Sign Co. Sign Letters: Wagner Sign Service, Inc. 10" Red plastic.

Sound: RCA.

Supply Dealer: "Ernie" Forbes Theatre

Supply.





THEATRE CATALOG 1950-51
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 224