Drive-Ins.com
> > > >

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 234 (214)

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition
1950-51 Theatre Catalog
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 234
Page 234


1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 234

SUNSET c A Woodland,Culif.

Located on Highway 99, the Sunset was opened April 15, 1950, and serves a drawing area population of 30,000.

Near the entrance is a large attraction board with two lines of fluorescent lighting. The driveway into the parking area, which is enclosed by a corrugated aluminum fence, leads past twin boonices with four traffic lanes.

The combined concession-projection building contains rest rooms also. A pony ride ring is in front of the screen area.







REFERENCE DATA

OWNER & OPERATOR: Peter J. Garrette.

DESIGNER: Harry Sarber. CAR CAPACITY: 529. COST OF BUILDING: $60,000.

Generators: Century Electric Co. In-Car Heaters: National Heater Co.

In-Car Speakers: Drive-In Theatre Mfg. Co.

Lenses: Kollmorgen Optical Corp.















Projection Lamps: RCA. Projection Machines: RCA. Rewinders: GoldE Mfg. Co. Screen: Drive-In Theatre Mfg. Co. Sound: RCA.

Supply Dealer: Equip. Co.

Western Theatrical





AN AERIAL VIEW ot the site shows its caretully planned layout. BELOW: The twin boxottices are ol brick. wood, and glass with a canopy overhead. The concession stand opens on a concrete patio with chairs lot open-ail eating contort.
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 234