Drive-Ins.com
> > > >

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 240 (220)

1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition
1950-51 Theatre Catalog
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 240
Page 240


1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 240

FAMILY Espy, Pa.

Located on the busy Berwick-Bloomsburg Highway, the Family was opened

July 26, 1950. The patronage served is mainly small-town and rural in nature.

A fair-sized, two-sided attraction board at the entrance has a lighted arrow pointing the way down the four-lane driveway













that leads into the ramp area.

The most interesting feature of this drive-in is perhaps the two-story building in the parking field. The concession stand is on the lower door, and on the second is the projection room.

Also on the upper level are a 40-seat miniature indoor theatre (left) and the omces of the theatre (right).

==

REFERENCE DATA

OWNER & OPERATOR: Engel Brothers. ARCHITECT: S. Z. Moskowitz.

CAR CAPACITY: 790.

COST OF EQUIPMENT: $21,000. SIZE OF LOT: 17 acres.

Generators: Motiograph, Inc. In-Car Speakers: Motiograph, Inc. Lenses: Kollmorgen Optical Corp.

Projection Lamps: C. S. Ashcraft Mfg. Co.

Projection Machines: Motiograph, Inc. Rewinders: Wenzel Projector Go.

Sign Letters: Adler Silhouette Letter Co. Sound: Motiograph, Inc.

Supply Dealer: Vincent M. Tate Theatre Equip.

W

l
1950-51 Theatre Catalog, 9th Edition, Page 240