> > > >

1952 Theatre Catalog, 10th Edition, Page 92 (58)

1952 Theatre Catalog, 10th Edition
1952 Theatre Catalog
1952 Theatre Catalog, 10th Edition, Page 92
Page 92

1952 Theatre Catalog, 10th Edition, Page 92

M 0 H AW K Waynesburg, Ohio

Built to replace the old Wayne destroyed by fire in 1947 and dedicated to the areas athletic teams from which it takes its name, the Mohawk was opened to the public November 19, 1951.

The structure which includes an 8room and bath second floor living quarters and two stores, is of brick construction and features a front of black carrara glass which is carried up the second floor through the center above the marquee flanking a 20-feet h'igh glass block tower, lighted by 6 colors of neon tubing. The marquee is an all-porcelain 26-feet V-type on both arms of which is the name of the theatre in 2-foot letters.

The doors have half-moon plate glass inserts and the lobby door and walls are finished in marble-like terrazzo. The refreshment stand is well placed in an alcove of the lobby.

The foyer, lighted by pink neon cove units, is carpeted from wall to wall in a red and gold motif and is separated from the auditorium by an open effect wall with wine colored satin draw draperies.

The auditorium is saucer-like and the seats are placed in three banks. The walls are red and gold damask and feature large picture frames in which are lighted silhouettes of an Indian figure.

PR Cliff/0d R 00M

FLOOR PLANS SHOW the oHicienl design of the Ilrucluro and oi the living quarters In particular.



anld 10061

1952 Theatre Catalog, 10th Edition, Page 92