Drive-Ins.com
> > > >

1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 102 (68)

1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition
1954-55 Theatre Catalog
1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 102
Page 102


1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 102

ml

CHICAGO Chicago, Ill.

One of the most important remodeling jobs recently understaken was the key house in the B and K chain, the Chicago.

This center city palace had all of the ornaments removed from its front. Making use of bronze, marble and stainless steel, new doors, poster cases and boxoflice were installed. In addition, fiuorescent lighting was put in, as well as modernization of the large marquee. .

One part of the house which was given

a complete new look was the lower mezzanine. This room has been patterned after a New Orleans garden. The decor consists of 'red brick, several full length mirrors on either wall and a polished tile floor inlaid with bright designs. Fabric covered wrought iron chairs and built-in settees have been supplied.

Most of the theatre furniture was re placed by custom-built lounge chairs, settees, etc. Also, more than 300 original lighting fixtures were installed.



REFERENCE DATA

OWNER & OPERATOR: Balaban & Katz Corp.

ARCHITECT: Rapp and Rapp. SEATING CAPACITY: 4,000.

Decorator: Hanns R. Teichert Co. Lighting Fixtures: Harry L. Winograd. Sign Letters: Wagner Sign Service, Inc. Ticket Issuing Machine: General Register Corp.
1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 102