> > > >

1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 97 (63)

1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition
1954-55 Theatre Catalog
1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 97
Page 97

1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 97


Fitchburg, Mass.

As a result of a complete remodeling job this theatre is now as modern in its physical appearance as the films shown.

The central boxcffice was moved to the side, and an indirect-lighted marquee installed with new lights in the ceiling outside the lobby. The wood-paneled side wall is in ranch-style, and painted a rich dark brown, replacing the stone post that was formerly there. Glass doors and windows completed the remodeling of the front.

The ranch-type wall paneling was carried into the inner lobby, and large modernistic display panels replaced the small heavily ornate one formerly used. Up-to-date lighting fixtures were also installed.

In an attempt to increase the extra profits activities of the theatre, which had formerly sold only candy, 3. large and fully equipped new concession stand was installed. Included among this equipment was a popcorn machine, a three-flavored drink dispenser, an ice cream container, and electric hot dog rotisserie, nuts, and a complete line of

, candy.


OWNER: Kenmore Realty. OPERATOR: Ben Sack. ARCHITECT: Louis Chiaramonte. SEATING CAPACITY: 1,750.

Lenses: Bausch & Lomb Optical Co. Projection Lamps: Strong Electric Corp. Projection Machines: Century Projector Corp.

Rectifiers: J. E. Robin, Inc.

Screen: Raytone Screen Corp., Astrolite. Sign. Letters: Wagner Sign Service, Inc. Sound: International Projector Corp. Supply Dealer: Mass. Theatre Equip. Co.


THIS I750 seal house. which was buill 25 years ago has been completely remodeled and given a new almoxphere o! modemily and luxury in well.
1954-55 Theatre Catalog, 12th Edition, Page 97